Get a Trojan alert on Windows 10

Before installing I get a Trojan:Win32/Caynamer.A!ml by windows defender. I downloaded after buying zrythm-0.8.694-ms-setup.exe
What’s up with this?

thanks

Hi @franchus ,

Welcome!

I have no idea what that means - and the fact that this is on Windows I have even less of a clue since I don’t use Windows besides for testing Zrythm. I have never seen this alert and no other user mentioned this. My guess is that it’s a false positive. You said you already installed it so I am guessing it’s a specific file that causes that alert. Can you please find out which file it is and post more info about the details you get from windows defender?

BTW I can send you a refund if you prefer not to deal with this

EDIT: I misread, “before installing”. maybe it’s just a false positive. anyway, without more info (even on what that thing that gets detected even is) I don’t think I can really do anything. compiling zrythm for windows and building that installer is already pain enough as it is.

Hello there @franchus I scanned the Zrythm Folder with Window Defender and found nothing thats a Trojan. You either installed something other then Zrythm thats triggering your AntiVirus to go crazy.

also just a reminder that there is absolutely no warranty for any of the installers. if you don’t want to install it I suggest emailing me for a refund

Hi!, I didn’t install it yet! Just in case. I did go through windows defender and BkAv these two seem to be the only ones complaining about the supposed “trojan” W32.AIDetectVM.malware5

I also get the same alert with LMMS, so I guess there is a library that is wrongly cataloged by Microsoft report service.

I did a scan online with https://www.virustotal.com and only got one positive out of 66 . Windows is just annoying as hell.

Thanks for the fast reply! :slight_smile:

I’m a bit relieved, thanks for sharing this!

I also get the same alert with LMMS, so I guess there is a library that is wrongly cataloged by Microsoft report service.

yeah this sounds like the most possible scenario

Windows is just annoying as hell.

it’s even worse if you’re a developer :slight_smile: