So, since the forums have opened. Perhaps this is a good time as ever to ask about the essentials of this DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) concerning its history and raison d’être. I suggest this post to be pinned for posterity reasons too.
From the following, I’m going to have to ask the reasons why Zrythm existed, among others directed to its author.
- Who are you? What is your relationship with Zrythm?
- How did the whole process of making this DAW get started? What were your inspirations?
- Did other DAW’s existence influenced you to make this one yourself? (Cite any examples?)
- What are your current expectations with this software?
- Most newer DAWs in the market tend to be either locked up behind hardware or expensive (And proprietary obviously). What made you want to make this one free as in freedom. software?
- Final thoughts.