Microphone woes

Just purchased an installer for Zrythym and I have to say I am very pleased with this DAW, however I am facing an issue with recording from my mic.

Please forgive me in advance as I am pretty new to Linux Audio. I am using Debian 12 bookworm and JACK as the audio backend. I am using a plantronics Blackwire C5220 headset.

When I create Audio Track then hit records nothing gets picked up. I am also using this same setup for Ardour and the mic works just fine there.

Below is a screenshot of my Zrythym settings:

Also here is a screenshot from qjackctl:

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome!

I’m starting to believe there is an issue with recording on the JACK backend (without PipeWire) due to MIDI Controller input no workie

Most people I know (including me) use PipeWire and don’t have issues. So this needs further investigation from me. I will be tracking this issue here: Cannot record on pure JACK backend (MIDI or audio) (#4961) · Issues · Zrythm / zrythm · GitLab

Alex,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I did setup pipewire after I made this post and still no joy, though I am not sure if I set it up correctly.

I also wanted to let you know I also tested it on my early 2015 Macbook with Sonoma installed and had the same issue both with the headset and the built in mic. There may be a chance the issue may be me (perhaps I am not understanding recording right or setting up inputs right)

I’ll recehck the manual and do some more testing and let you know what I find out.

Despite all the trouble, I just wanted to say I am really excited about this project. I have been looking FOSS DAW that would be a great alternative to Garageband for Linux as far as intuitive design.

I would love to contribute to this project what I can and have some ideas I’ll send you a separate email on .

1 Like